Google Calendar

Wednesday 11 December 2013

Limit League host Altrincham

Our new venue looked great on Monday when we hosted three matches.

I've been a little tardy posting this report as I'm still trying to work out how to put what I learnt from my game into practice.  The short version is that I lost on time despite having what should have been a clear win after about eighteen moves onwards.  I hope to post my critical self-analysis later today when the Marple Chess Club's wives section go to Flower Club.

I spent so much time dithering over my game that I saw nothing of the other games.  All I know is that Barrie lost when his favourite Opening ( Gambit in Six Languages) lost him a piece from which he never recovered.  Peter continued his much improved form with a win and Joseph lost to a back rank mate (note to teacher).

86    Neil Dainty        0 - 1 Steve Douglas  99
77     Barrie Edwards 0 - 1 Steve Ward      86
66    Peter Kelly         1 - 0  Wayne Kranz 60
        J Anderson         0 - 1  D Osborne      51

No comments:

Post a Comment