Google Calendar

Thursday 3 November 2011

Macclesfield C v Marple C : 1/11/11

We still remain unbeaten though we have lost our 100% record. With
quite a few players unavailable and then having a couple more struck
down with illness we were unable to field a full team. Since we had
to default 2 boards this is an excellent result against a reasonably
strong Macclesfield team. I had tried to rearrange the fixture but
was unable to contact their C team captain. He returned my calls
when we were en route to Macclesfield having been away on business.
I was pleased with my game in so far as I got a very reasonable
position with a slight edge having made no major blunders and
managed to hold my advantage and build on it steadily. This put my
opponent into severe time trouble which eventually caused him to
blunder. Peter's game was wonderfully controlled and which
progressed through to an interesting winning endgame for him. Neil
had a good position too, probably winning but I suspect did not
have time to win it and accepted a draw. So well done to us for
getting something out of the match.

1 Phil Colville 0 - 1 Jeff Barlow
2 Alan Sime 0 - 1 Peter Kelly
3 Dave Mallinson 0.5 - 0.5 Neil Dainty
4 A Green 1 - 0 default
5 A Howe 1 - 0 default

Totals 2.5 - 2.5

Our next match is away to Ashton on Wednesday 16th November.

No comments:

Post a Comment