Google Calendar

Friday 15 April 2011

Marple B vs Urmston: 14th April 2011

The B team lost our home fixture against Urmston. They fielded a solid team evenly graded from 127 to 113 and we eventually went down 3.5 - 1.5.



Marple B


Urmston

1 Tony Doust

0

1

Keith Johnston

2 Jeff Barlow

1

0

Joe Royle

3 Peter Kelly

0

1

Jim Bradley

4 Trefor Thomas

0.5

0.5

Tim Plunkett

5 Neil Dainty

0

1

John Reyes


1.5

3.5








Earlier I had thought we had chances of at least drawing the match with some promising positions on the boards. I was last to finish again though managed to win this one. There was a lot of cat and mouse about my game but I thought I was winning. My opponent was in serious time trouble approaching the time control and I didn't think he was going to make it. I made the mistake of playing for time pressure so when he did make the control I had to try to refocus on winning the position (as I should have in the first place). I managed to side step a draw by perpetual check and force a resignation.

We have an away fixture against Stockport D next Thursday, 21st April and a home fixture against them the following week; it's just like the Champion's League, well, apart from ........

No comments:

Post a Comment