Google Calendar

Saturday 30 April 2011

Marple B vs Stockport D: 28th April 2011

Marple B RESULT Stockport D
1 Tony Doust 0.5 0.5 A Prime
2 Jeff Barlow 1 0 R Bradney
3 Peter Kelly 1 0 G Lea
4 Trefor Thomas 1 0 Default
5 Barrie Edwards 1 0 Default

TOTALS 4.5 0.5

Well we got our revenge against Stockport D this week, with a handsome win, though their top board player this week was their bottom board player last week and they defaulted on two boards. My game was even for a long time and then my opponent allowed me a pawn fork, though it was a complex position. Anyway after multiple exchanges I came out a piece ahead. The rest is just a matter of technique, they say. A few moves later I also managed to give my opponent a pawn fork! Fortunately I still had a powerful passed pawn and was able to win after re-engaging my brain.

So that was our final game of the season and it looks like we shall finish in a respectable mid table position, maybe third or fourth out of eight. I would like to thank everyone who played for their efforts.


No comments:

Post a Comment